Thursday, May 7, 2009

Last minute list

In twelve hours, I'll winding down from my last shift at work. My life as a working woman will be over. I thought I would be upset about it. Instead, I'm dreaming up all the things I can accomplish before Virginia Lynn gets here. Some are necessary (find pediatrician) and some are frivolous (get hair done). I find a list to be in order.

1-Go through the closet in her room. Toss, donate, and re-home everything I can
2- Install car seat.
3- Pediatrician
4- Fix and freeze a few dinners
5- Hang wedding pictures in the hallway
5- Finish current knitting project
6- get hair done
7- nap daily
8- put last minute items into hospital bag
9- order birth announcements
10- find a rocking chair, night light, and mobile for her room
11. Celebrate a few more date nights with Brian

I think that should about cover it. I'm afraid to add too much to the list because I want this list to be achievable. Attainable. Doable. The last thing I want is an unfinished list hanging over my head when I get home from the hospital...

...with our daughter. The thought still blows me away. I can't believe I'm this lucky. I'm having a girl! Six more weeks until I can hold her in my arms. Sigh. Must. Find. Patience.

No comments: