My husband has just given me reason to believe we need another TV. I've adamantly opposed the idea since we moved in together. I don't want it to turn into us constantly watching different things in separate rooms. Surely we can find something both of us can enjoy. Then again, my husband watches sports.
It doesn't matter what it is. Football reigns supreme, followed by baseball and basketball, followed by any other sporting event that is not soccer. He'll even watch golf. He's currently sitting in the recliner with a beer, telling our television how to play baseball. It's rare that we have a Sunday off together. I'm reminded of why. Sunday is the day of sports. The reason we fought so much when we first started dating until I had an epiphany and started working Sundays. But I don't like to work on Sundays. I like to go to brunch. I like to read the newspaper (NY Times, all of it). Who wants to work on Sundays? No one. All that being said, I just decided that I will see what is coming on on the Food Network once the baseball game is over. And the TV will be mine. He can watch with me or not. I don't care. I want to watch food.
Anyone with advice on this is welcome to leave comments. How to engage husband in conversation when sports are on. Find a hobby? I'm making rosemary cheese bread right now. Time consuming, but the dough has to rise. So then what? Blog! I can only type so much.
Let's see....what to type about?
Things I love right now (Kelly's favorite things for summer....aka...eat your heart out Oprah)
1-Old Crow Medicine Show. A new bluegrass band, and Brian happened to go to high school with one of the guys. We saw them play at the National. Awesome. Favorite song? "Wagon Wheel" or "Down Home Girl."
2-My wedding ring
3-the magnolia trees with big, fragrant white flowers on them
4-Fig Leaf and Cassis body wash, perfume, and lotion from Thyme's. Mandy is a sales rep for the company and is generous with her discount. Thanks Mandy!
5-Hanover Tomatoes from the farmer's market.
6-My husband, sports freak and all.
The timer's going off. That means my bread is done rising and needs to go in the oven. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
"It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato." ~Lewis Grizzard
2 comments:
Yeah - I loathe the tv and computer games. That is why I now knit and do other crafts. Then I can be in the same room as Sean and "feel" like I'm having some "quality" time but I can be doing some more productive and enjoyable then watching another sci-fi show, sports game (thought I do like some) or Family Guy episode! Men and their TVs....it has to be genetic!
Kelly
I feel your pain.
This is so common its ridiculous.
There is a 50 some inch tv in my living room. When there is not the Wii on, its Discovery Channel, Family Guy, Cartoons, and 50 some inch worms (Baby Einsteing). Then the boys get upset when I play computer games, read a book, cross stitch, whatever. Its an endless battle of the sexes and generations that I am beginning to believe will never cease to exist. In the end the woman of the house looses this battle I think.
Post a Comment