I made pie. Lemon Curd Pie. I saw it in Gourmet and had to try it. I was off on Tuesday, so that's what I did. And it was beautiful. The crust was perfect (it has almonds in it). I ate a slice after dinner on Tuesday. Brian refuses to eat it, by the way. Hates lemon. Freak of nature. Anywho.....I came home this afternoon, opened up the fridge to see what I should make for dinner, and there it was. Pie!
I cut myself a piece. Delicious. So delicious that I decided to have another. Why not? Brian won't eat any of it. Second piece was soooooo good. The third piece was fantastic as well. I don't know why I did it. It was just so damn good. Nice and cold when it's so hot outside. So that was my dinner this evening. Three pieces of pie. My tummy loves me right now. Gluttony is a sin for a reason. I have a pie hang-over. More on this later. While I was eating, I reminded myself of the Sex and the City episode where Miranda eats chocolate cake from her trash can.
Off of food for a moment. Brian's brother and his family are now officially in the continental US. They called and surprised everyone Monday evening. We went to his mom's house and hang out for a while. Kaylina has grown so much. We made tentative plans to go to a baseball game Tuesday evening. They were playing in Norfolk, and not Richmond. Everyone came over to our place. Matt brought beer. I attacked wine with a fury. Gluttony is a sin for a reason. Wine + hang-over + working in a kitchen at 8 am = need for easy dinner when you get home from work. Three pieces of pie is just as bad as four glasses of wine. Gluttony is a sin for a reason. I've stated my case.
Work was awful and wonderful today. We were VERY busy. I made so many orders of fish and chips (hung-over!) that I don't know how we had any left for the night crew. Order after order after order. It amuses me when people ask for extra tartar sauce. "Can have some more fat for my huge order of deep fried Pollock and french fries? And another Diet Pepsi, please." I won't go into too much detail on this. I'll just say.....gluttony is a sin. I had to remake one order of wings three times because they weren't "fried hard" enough for a table. They were in the grease for ten minutes the final time. How can wings cooked that long be enjoyable? Why not just order chicken tenders tossed in sauce? And don't people understand that even if I fry your wings so hard they turn into solid bricks, all that effort will be lost once I coat them in a vinegar-based SAUCE. It defies my comprehension. Those wings were the first thing I've cooked that was sent back. Wings. You kidding me? I make good wings. Lady needs to get a clue.
Brian's been working, working, working. I don't know how he does it. I would stab my eyeballs out with thumb tack if I had to sit at a desk for ten hours a day. Hopefully, everyone else that he works with has been doing the same thing so they can reach all the parameters for this bonus. I mean really. Momma needs a shopping spree. Or a house. That would work, too. Or how about just not being so stressed out about moo-la. Seriously though, it sucks that I'm not working so much now and he is. Go figure. I miss my husband.
Well, enough musings and rambling on for this evening. I'm going to try to put both of my hang overs to bed. Sleep is necessary. Night, y'all!
2 comments:
I'm jealous. Where's my piece of pie? Went to fireworks at Drews. We went right down the street from his house in oceanview. We sat almost right under them. It was fantastic.
I'm jealous. Did you save me a slice?
Post a Comment