About two months ago, I went into work at 8 am thinking that this was just another day managing at Stool Pigeons. Things changed rapidly. My general and district managers were standing at the end of the bar. They didn't even let me say, "good morning." We immediately sat down at a table, where they explained to me that Daiva, one of the other managers, was fired because she had a relationship with one one the cooks. It sucked. It was also nice to know that I worked for a company that followed the rules set forth by corporate office. We have fraternization rules for a reason.
Well, that was until two weeks ago. The same general manager that fired Daiva is BLATANTLY having a relationship with one of the servers. How do I know? It started with me noticing that the supervisor/employee interaction had changed between the two of them. She would stay at work until he got off, and vice versa. She went to the bank with him. And then, she just stopped caring what people thought. She's admitted that she's sleeping with him to several other employees. People keep asking me what's going on with the two of them. And he just moved into the apartment building right in front of mine. Her car was there at noon on Saturday. Her car was there when I went to work at 6 am this morning.
I know I shouldn't care. Grown ups can do what they want. BUT, when other employees are coming up to me and voicing their concerns, specifically citing the reason Daiva was fired...I have a serious moral problem with it. She makes her own schedule. She shows up late to work with no repercussions. And apparently, she's making $10 and hour, a figure WILDLY outside of the typical 2.13 an hour servers make.
I have no respect for either of them. This situation has changed the way I see the company as a whole. Is it up to me to say something to my district manager? Do I love Stool Pigeons so much that I will rat them out? Or, do I find a new job, put in my two weeks, and thank my blessings that I was able to work for a company that allowed me to hold so many positions in two years? I'm leaning towards the latter. If I mention that her car is at his apartment constantly, they both will know where that information came from. I'm the only other one that lives in this area.
I don't even want to work there anymore. I understand that drama is a part of the restaurant business, but this is over the line for me. And really, how much can I learn working there? I'm torn. All I know is my heart is no longer in the company. And that says a lot. I'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
What if an anoymous letter found its way to someone important stating specifically the concerns in the restaraunt? The letter would not even mention the whole car apartment thing. HMM something to ponder awhile.
Post a Comment