Thursday brought a little excitement. Without getting too graphic, I'll just say that I thought labor might be well on the way. Still no baby after almost 72 hours. Mom came up for the weekend. She wanted to take Friday off, and I told her not to worry about it. I would hate for her to take time off of work for no reason...not that spending time with me isn't a good reason for anyone to take off work, but let's be honest here. This baby is the root of the reason for her visit. And I don't blame her!
Mom and I headed to the farmer's market early Saturday morning. I bought my staples (pecan bars from Lana and cinnamon buns from Gammy O's) as well as some asparagus, carrots, and strawberries. We headed to the grocery store after that, and then home for some rest. Dad stopped by to check out the new-to-us Suburban. She appears to be in pretty good shape. All she needs is a few small fixes, like an oil change, tires, and a tie-rod, whatever that is. After he left, we struggled to find something on TV. Just so happens that Throwdown with Bobby Flay was a repeat. The repeat against Buz from a Richmond staple, Buz and Ned's bar-b-que. Brian and I watched, salivating, as ribs were rubbed, marinated, smoked, and devoured. We also promptly agreed on dinner plans. Mom must experience the "Flay Slayer," as he calls himself.
Dinner did not disappoint. I've never seen the place so crowded. Brian waited in line with our order while Mom and I claimed one of (maybe) twelve tables inside. I watched my husband as mom and I chatted, and could see his blood pressure rising. Brian isn't one for crowds. He returned to the table to announce that there was an hour wait for food. All I'll say about the rest of the experience is this...if you go to a restaurant, wait in line for 20 minutes to order your food, then an hour to get your food, and leave completely blissed out, you've found a great place to eat. I had half a rack of ribs, and was still claiming that I should have ordered a full rack when we got home. Man! They sure can BBQ!
All of us passed out relatively early last night. And that leaves me here, awake at 6:30, typing this blog. Miss Virginia is showing fewer signs of early arrival. I am contracting, but nothing painful or regular. Lots of pressure in my lower abdomen and my hips and back are pretty sore. She'll be here soon, I'm sure. All I can do is wait, and the wait is getting awfully old. When I'm alone like this, I can't help but wonder what she looks like. Will she get the pudgy "Earman" cheeks? A head full of hair? Will she be healthy? All in due time. And I'm not due for another 10 days.
1 comment:
I did not know you started blogging again. I have so much catching up to do on here :)
Glad you had a good weekend
Post a Comment