It's 4:30 am, and I've been awake for two hours. I end up falling asleep on the sofa after dinner, usually around 8. Wake up call is anywhere between 2 and 3:30. If I'm lucky, I fall back to sleep around 5. It's extremely obnoxious. I've tried hot tea and a book. My husband is beginning to think I don't like him very much since I rarely make it into the bedroom. Advice on this is much appreciated.
This strange sleep schedule does have one advantage...hours and hours of daydreaming on babiesrus.com. I've started my registry, but can't really do much more until I know who is growing inside of me. Are you Virginia Lynn or Grant Christopher? I'll just have to learn to be patient until the ultrasound, for which I still don't have a date. I called my new doctor yesterday to see if they could tell me. "Once we schedule it, we send you the information in the mail. You should have it by the end of this week." Grrrrrrr. Pregnant wants to know! Pregnant is losing patience!
I can finally feel some movement. It's pretty cool. Sometimes when I'm bored, I talk to it, willing it to move around and entertain me. My child already has a stubborn streak, as this rarely works. "I move when I want, Mom!" Brian isn't able to feel anything yet. I told him it will probably be a few weeks before that happens. Right now, I'm kind of enjoying having it all to myself. It's just me and Baby E!
I'm happy to be back at work. Lunch today was NUTS-O with the inauguration. Lots of parties and long ticket times. Never thought I'd say this...it was actually fun. It's good to be back around people I've known for a while. Everyone knows about the baby, now, and they rub my belly and talk baby things with me. It's nice. I guess all I needed to get out of my little funk was some attention. A little love always goes a long way, though.
I'm going to try some more hot tea and Jane Austen. Hopefully I can get in a few more hours before Brian gets up and the dogs start going crazy. Baby kicks and tummy tickles....Haute Momma
1 comment:
Strange sleeping schedules are tough. And yes being around adults is a very good thing.
Advise on the sleeping arrangements. Don't leave you marital bed. Keep him awake with the tv on or whatever. Let him enjoy all the moments of your pregnancy. He'll be a better husband if he does ;)
Post a Comment