Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What a difference two months makes

What's happened since my last post? There's a baby in the belly, I'm unemployed, Brian finally got his bonus, my GI Bill finally came in, and I've started Christmas shopping!

We found out I'm pregnant in the middle of last month. I think I'm about 9-10 weeks. My first ultrasound is Friday, and we'll know more then. I'm really looking forward to it. I think it will make this feel "real" to see something on a screen. I had morning sickness pretty bad for about three weeks. I'm almost afraid to say it, but I think it's going away. Or, I've learned what to eat to keep it from rearing it's ugly head. Food cravings hit me like a ton of bricks, and need to be fulfilled immediately. Current obsessions include salad, peanut butter sandwiches, grapefruit, and bean burritos from Taco Bell. I think I'm over the pizza kick. Things I refuse to put in my mouth that I loved in a former life: GARLIC, coffee, and poultry. Speaking of poultry....

Thanksgiving is at our place this year. Mom is coming up. I've invited Daddy, as well as Rhonda. I put this plan together pre-pregnancy, when the thought of roasting and basting a bird for hours sounded like fun. It's quite possible that mom will have to handle the turkey. I get really excited when I think about all the other yummies that go along with Thanksgiving dinner. Fresh green beans, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn! Is my baby a vegetarian???

On the job front, Brian and I have talked. I'm not going to look for a job until after the new year. We're much better financially now that he got his bonus and my GI Bill is coming in. Here's my logic...I have two HUGE projects I need to do for school (one involving 32 recipes, cost analysis for each one, and development of 4 restaurants). More than that, the reality that our lives are getting ready to change in a big way has hit me pretty hard. We've only been married for a couple of months. I want to take this time to get closer to my husband (not that there's a problem there in any way). I'm also looking forward to having a significant amount of time off around the holidays, something I haven't had since I joined the military. Basically, I want some "me" time before it becomes a bit harder to do so. I'd been kicking the idea around in my head. I'm just lucky enough to have a husband who agrees with me!

I started my Christmas shopping today. Bought some cute decorations for the apartment that I'm dying to put up. I actually contemplated it, the decided I didn't want to hear my husband poke fun at me for decorating before Thanksgiving. Soooo....I will decorate on Black Friday. I'm totally looking forward to it.

I think that's all the news from Richmond today. I have class all day tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me...I'm hoping we don't have to use garlic in any recipes. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

It is said that the present is pregnant with the future. ~Voltaire

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yeah a baby!!! Congratulations!!!

I did Thanksgiving pregnant too and thank goodness Alfredo was there to take care of that turkey! Delegate!!