I'm loving the new job. Not only is the atmosphere nicer, but the hours as well. I don't have to work again until Saturday (a double). I have all this time off to clean house and cook fancy-schmancy dinners. It's lovely.
I got an e-mail from Sissy yesterday. She's in Paris, and loving every minute. Apparently, she's loving it in spite of her luggage being lost, getting stuck on the metro, being attacked on the metro (to this, I demanded more details and the use of taxi's for the rest of the trip), her credit card isn't working there, and the hotel didn't have her reservation. And all she could follow up with was that she loves Paris. I'm glad she's having a good time. I'm also jealous that I'm stuck in Richmond. I did a quick restaurant search for her and found a place called Il Vino. The menu lists only wine. The chef plans your menu based on what wine you order. How cool is that?!?!? I told her that she better take notes if she goes. I want details!
Oh! How could I forget? I have a beautiful new cookbook. It's actually a textbook from the CIA. But that just means it's a big, beautiful, helpful cookbook. It was WAY more that I would ever spend on a book. Or a pair of shoes. Or jeans. But I love it. I figure it will come in handy during school. I can't stop looking at it. Over 400 pages of recipes and instructions. I'm such a geek.
Wine of the day...Twin Fin Sunset Rose (I paid $6 for it, so we're not talking serious stuff). I've been reading about rose's lately. They're supposed to be great summer wines. It is not what I expected, which was sweet and light. This thing is full of flavor. Think strawberries and raspberries. A very light, chilled Merlot. I say Merlot because you can taste some tannins. Nice. Different. Good on a hot summer night.
That's all the excitement from downtown Richmond. Two more days of playing house until work on Saturday morning. Off to chat with the husband. Love you all!
"Dandelion wine. The words were summer on the tongue. The wine was summer caught and stoppered."
RAY BRADBURY, Dandelion Wine
1 comment:
yummy dinner, call me
love ya
Post a Comment